Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Canton Weekend! :)

Okay, so for those of you who ain't from East Texas we have a Trades Day that's in the town of Canton Tx and its HUGE I mean people from all over travel there to shop and its amazing! It's technically called "First Monday" because it's held the first Monday of every month. But us folks round here call say "goin to canton". You spend alot of money that you don't have on super cool/cute/fantastic items for EVERYBODY! I just today got 4 country tshirts, 1 sundress, 3 tanktops, and 2 dress tops I can wear to work. Can you say BARGAIN?? Not to mention my lovely granny bought me most of it PLUS these memory foam flip flops that ran for $50.. And I got the mens flops.. The womens flip flops were $90+ so I just stayed with the mens because I liked them better anyway and they were cheaper. I detailed her car when we got home for repayment so I didn't feel bad about her buyin me all that stuff haha. But what was so sad was on our way home we stopped to get some kerosine and well.... This elderly woman was walkin the highway (and I do NOT see this very often so it was a shocker) and stopped by the gas station to pick up a coin on the ground. She put it in her pocket and then went to the trash bins. She found a walmart trash sack and got it out went to the other trash bin and found an old dusty babies blanket and got it out. She then dusted it off and put it in the walmart sack. We left after that and I didn't have time to go in and get her some water but how horrible did I feel because I was complainin about somethin inferior just before I watched this lady go through trash bins... It's quite humblin to see her usin everythin that we throw away to her advantage! I didn't so much feel sorry for her after thinkin that she was kinda well dressed and maybe she was just makin the most what we throw away. That was my weekend at Canton and I had a great time with my wonderful granny :)

1 comment:

  1. That is very humbling and experiences like these make us all appreciate the great things in our lives a bit more and hopefully take less for granted.

    ReplyDelete